Apollo Construction Services Ltd (Company Registration No:4660920) T/A Apollo Windows
What this Notice covers
Apollo Construction Services Ltd t/a Apollo Windows is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you.
This Notice does not form part of any agreement or contract and may be updated at any time.
Identity of the data controller: Apollo Construction Services t/a Apollo Windows
Data Protection Registration Number: Z800991X
We are a data controller for any personal information that you provide to us. This means that we are responsible for determining how information relating to you is used, stored and shared.
Categories of personal data we process
We will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Your full name
- Your address
- Your contact details such as phone numbers and email addresses
- Details of any quotations we provide for you
- Details of your contract agreement with Apollo Windows
- Images of you
- Images of your property
Sources of personal data
We collect personal information relating to you largely directly from you. We also reserve the right to obtain information about you from third party sources including a credit reference agency if deemed necessary. Information supplied by a credit reference agency will only be kept for as long as it takes us to decide whether we wish to engage in any form of business arrangement with you.
In the case of sole traders we may obtain ‘trade references’.
If you visit our premises CCTV footage of you will be captured as we use this to ensure the security of our staff and visitors, and to maintain the physical security of our property.
We record most incoming and outgoing calls and collect calling line identification data for training, security and monitoring purposes. We do not record credit/debit card details/transactions.
The legal basis we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process personal data. We use Legitimate Interest. In the situations where we collect and process your personal data, we require it to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business.
Our purposes for collecting and processing your data
We will use your personal information as follows:
- To decide whether we wish to engage in any form of business with you
- To enable us to provide you with a quotation
- To enable us to perform the contract we have entered into with you
- To enable us to fulfil our warranty obligations
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- To fulfil our obligations to HMRC
- To comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- To issue news letters and marketing material to you about the products and services we offer
- Before and after images of your property may be used in marketing material and to demonstrate our fulfilment of regulatory requirements to our regulatory body (FENSA) or a Local Authority Building Control Office.
- To enable us to occasionally contact you for market research purposes
- To allow our staff to follow up enquiries made by you to us, either by email, telephone, text, or mail
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss
Sensitive Personal Data
There may be instances where it is necessary for you to share information with us containing special categories of personal information (‘sensitive personal data’). This relates to things such as details of medical conditions which you may need to share with us so we are able to meet your specific requirements when providing our goods and services. Due to the sensitive nature of this information, we will only take it from you if you have given us your explicit consent and it is necessary for us to do so. We will inform you of what we will do with this information and who we will share it with.
Cookies are stored on your computer’s hard drive and cannot be used to identify you personally, as they contain no personal information.
Who has access to your data
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the contract we have entered into with you, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Recipients of your data may include third-party service providers, other related business entities, a regulator, or to otherwise comply with the law.
Where we do so, we will require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover any links within our website to third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites.
How we decide how long to retain your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or contractual requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and any applicable legal or contractual requirements.
You have the right to:
- Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information that we hold. The copy we provide will be in an intelligible form, but not necessarily copy documents with non-personal information within which your personal data might be contained. We will redact information of others unless they have explicitly consented to it being passed to you, as well as company sensitive and other information within which your personal data might be contained.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you if you believe it is incomplete or inaccurate
- Request erasure of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as; if our processing of your personal information is based upon legitimate interests and you believe it is no longer necessary; or if you believe we have processed your personal data unlawfully, or not for the purposes which it was intended. There are circumstances where you might not have a right to erasure, such as our need to comply with a legal obligation or in the establishment ,exercise or defence of a claim and we will communicate any such circumstance with you as may be appropriate to your request.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as; you have requested that your personal information is corrected and want to restrict processing whilst we correct it; where you believe our processing is unlawful but do not want us to erase your personal information; where we no longer need to store your personal information, but you require us to do so to enable you to exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Data Portability – in particular circumstances you can request for your personal information to be securely moved, copied or transferred from our IT environment to another. This only applies if our lawful basis for processing your data is consent or performance of a contract, and we are processing your data by automated means.
If you believe we have not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner by visiting their website https://ico.org.uik/ or to us via the contact details at the end of this notice.
Responses to Data Subject Access Requests will be made within one month from receipt of the request, with any extension up to a further two months being communicated to the requester , with an explanation as to why this is necessary. To ensure we continue to ensure the confidentiality of your information, you will need to provide sufficient verification as to your identity prior to any information being released.
Automated decision-making & Profiling
We do not conduct any automated decision-making or profiling activities whilst processing your personal information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The Company reserves the right to update this privacy notice at any time. You can request the most up to date version from us at any time by contacting us on the contact details below.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to the Privacy Notice via email to email@example.com or in writing to Apollo Windows, 90-94 Heath Road, Coxheath, Kent ME17 4EJ, or by telephone on 01622 744411.